Please ensure that you have a complete backup of your database before proceeding with an upgrade as described here.
To update SynergyCP, check your admin dashboard's system health and click on the entry related to system updates. You can also switch between any other version starting from
4.0.0 via the command line. This can be used to update to an older or newer specific version. For example:
sudo /scp/bin/scp-update 4.0.0-beta.25 # or: sudo /scp/bin/scp-update 4.0.0 # or: sudo /scp/bin/scp-update beta
After an upgrade, we recommend restarting docker to clear out any latent worker containers:
systemctl restart docker
Give docker a minute to start the containers after the restart command returns to command prompt.
v4.2.0 - 4/17/2023
- Permission Groups for administrators/integrations
- Improve quick formatter scripts to work better for EFI partitions
- HTTP KVM fix for some legacy BMC firmware
- Fix for bug when adding IP pool IPs to server
- Added string sanitizing for Client names, to prevent email HTML injections
- Fix for abuse package suspension sync
- Seperate SNMP and SSH ips on switches
- Fixed bug where package sync command was being run on custom packages
- Fixed bug where expired IP To IPs where not being deleted, if their Server Control was deleted
- Fixed issue where Windows default edition list was empty
v4.1.3 - 8/20/2022
- HTTP KVM fix for some iDRAC devices
- Race condition fix for updater
v4.1.2 - 6/27/2022
- Add backwards compatibility for abuse package
- Fix for clearing template caches
v4.1.0 - 6/24/2022
- New code generation for making development/addon packages easier to write
- Fix for SSH key generation
- Allow administrators with edit access to a server to run switch commands on that server
- FS Switch support
v4.0.0 - 5/27/2022
- New deployment process
- Upgrade multiple dependencies including PHP & SSH library
- AlmaLinux 8 (requires updating OS reload files)
- Security fix: tenant name exposure
- Juniper ARP Locking switch configuration
- Ignore BMC users that have no user name when creating client IPMI users
- Support for more switch port names on Cisco Nexus, Juniper, and Cisco IOS
- Move Cisco copy running-config startup-config outside config context
- New Bandwidth Poll Granularity setting
v3.1.0 - 8/23/2021
- NVMe Support
- Allow running an OS Reload (e.g. disk format) after server wipes
- Add Ubuntu 20.04 LTS profile (requires refreshing OS reload files)
- Support for uplinks that are not distribution switches (only with custom switch types)
- Support for scanning aggregate ports (Po*) on Cisco devices
- Support for scanning mge-* ports on Juniper devices
- Supermicro SMIS switch support
- Route entire secondary subnets on Cisco Layer 3 switches
- For switch commands on entities that have no gateway, use primary IP Address instead
- Support for setting KVM permissions on new ASRock devices
- Fix some Cisco switches which did not write config changes to memory
- Fix for Dell PowerSeries R410 IPMI user creation
- Fix for Dell iDRAC IPMI client user creation
- Support for more ASRock Rack KVM
- UEFI Support (beta)
- Support for uploading custom packages via the UI (beta)
- rDNS IPv6 IPs ending in :: fix
v3.0.0 - 3/31/2021
- IP Pools functionality
- Port Forwarding server revamp to use IP to IP instead of port to port forwarding. Adds support for HP iLO KVM through forwarding.
- wAbility to specify OS Reload disk settings in Provision API
- Juniper ELS switch command support
- ASRock Rack KVM integration
- Add Supermicro X11SCD-F KVM support
- Add Supermicro X8D series firmware version 2.77 KVM support
- Add Supermicro Switch support
- Add PowerEdge R440 KVM support
- Dell Networking OS9 Switch support
- Dell Powerconnect 8024 Switch support
- App support for BMCs that only support HTTP web access
- Limited MikroTik support (switch commands do not work on some switches)
- Fix HP iLO 2 issue with creating client user accounts
- Fix for Cisco Nexus commands with Layer 3 routing of multiple Entities (add 'secondary' to route)
- Wiping a server will now wipe any secondary switch ports assigned - not just the primary one
- Small performance improvements
- Auto-create IPMI client user on provision to client with IPMI access
- Better debug logging when IPMI errors occur
- Support for additional port formats in Cisco WS devices
- Show assigned entity VLANs on server manage page
- Fix for bandwidth usage bug on newer installs where the server would sometimes start with extra usage
- Fix for errors occuring in System > Logs after a package has been disabled
v2.1.2 - 6/3/2020
- A couple small hotfixes to 2.1.1: enable dry runs of switch commands on frontend and skip adding CentOS/Debian when they've already been manually added
v2.1.1 - 6/2/2020
- CentOS 8 OS reloads (requires updating file server files to latest)
- Debian 10 OS reloads (requires updating file server files to latest)
- Allow dry runs of switch commands
- Option to combine multiple VLANs into a single VLAN for L3 routing
- Juniper Layer 3 switch integration
- Fix a bug where administrators opting to receive BCCs would sometimes be outdated
- Fix a bug where adding multiple IP entities to a server at the same time would not always get added in the specified order
v2.0.1 - 5/12/2020
- Allow app to be embedded in iframes for WHMCS iframe integration. WHMCS iframe integration requires latest WHMCS module.
v2.0.0 - 5/6/2020
- Ability to update application from administration panel
- Ability to manage and install add-on packages from administration panel
- Application optimizations to improve performance
- System health checks widget on dashboard
- Auto-expire Dynamic port forwards (used for CD mounting over KVM)
- Support for adding Distribution switches and uplinks from Rack switches in Layer 3 setups
- Support for Layer 3 Cisco switch configurations with commands run on distribution and rack switches
- Support for Arista EOS v4.19 switch commands
- Arista support for aggregate ports (Vlan*, Port-Channel*)
- Fixed a bug where OS Reload Profiles could not be deleted if they had an OS Reload linked
- Fix a bug causing server wipes with more than 3 IP Entities to fail
- Fix a bug preventing clients from sending welcome emails to sub clients
- Disable authentication storage inside of iframes to prevent clickjacking attack vector
v1.22.1 - 10/30/2019
- Allow longer Switch authentication details
v1.22.0 - 10/15/2019
- Option on switches for whether or not enable command should be run
- Encrypt Server Power Control authentication details stored in database
- Use persistent database connections for bandwidth database for increased performance
- Admin notes field on IP Entities & Switches
v1.21.0 - 10/10/2019
- Support for ISO mounting over Port Forwarded KVM for additional servers, including Dell C6100
- Improvements in error reporting during the application install process
v1.20.0 - 9/30/2019
- More robust/fail-proof process for updating Port Forwarding type on Server Power Controls
- Use SNMPv2 for bandwidth polling, which resolves an issue with using 64-bit bandwidth data for some Brocade switches
- Support for scanning Brocade ICX 7700 series switches
- Skip Add ACL modal during Launch KVM process if the user's IP is already ACLed
- Change "Port Power" On/Off text to "Port State" Enable/Disable
v1.19.0 - 9/23/2019
- Add current and latest release version to administrator dashboard
- Disable support for Arcfour SSH encryption algorithms which are insecure
- Fix a bug where ACLs were not being auto-expired
- Updated PXE files to fix breaking changes in the latest CentOS 7 and Debian 9 packages.
- Add auto-retry functionality to IPMI commands
v1.18.0 - 9/16/2019
- Security improvements including encrypting switch passwords stored in the database
- Allow Shell Scripts to be run during OS reloads
- More secure password generation for IPMI client passwords
v1.17.0 - 8/17/2019
- Update to latest Windows PE Environment (requires updating PXE File Servers) which:
- Increases the speed of Windows installations
- Adds support for Windows installations on NVMe disks
v1.16.1 - 8/12/2019
- Fix for numerous minor bugs that affected clients that had super clients
- Fix some UI consistency issues with server create form
v1.16.0 - 7/22/2019
- Security fixes
- Better Launch KVM compatibility for iDRAC 9
- Better support for Windows 2019
- Faster switch commands (less time waiting)
v1.15.0 - 6/24/2019
- Improvements to admin/integration permission system
- Support for Arista EOS switches
- Launch KVM support for Dell Remote Management Controller BMCs
- Minor UI bug fixes
v1.14.0 - 6/17/2019
- 3rd party library & security updates
- Provision server UI server selection bug fix
- Auto-expiration of user logins
v1.13.0 - 5/22/2019
- Launch KVM support for additional Supermicro models
- Launch KVM support for iDRAC 9
- Support for ae* aggregate ports on Juniper and Brocade
v1.12.2 - 4/16/2019
- Launch KVM support for Supermicro X11* models
- Launch KVM support for additional HP models
v1.12.1 - 4/14/2019
- Launch KVM support for Supermicro X8D* models
- Speed improvements to Launch KVM
- BMC Info button which reveals info about server manufacturer, model, BIOS version, and more
v1.12.0 - 4/1/2019
- Option to send welcome email to new clients & sub clients
- Launch KVM support for Dell C6100
- Option to use 32-bit (legacy) or 64-bit (more accurate) bandwidth data.
v1.11.3 - 3/25/2019
- Auto-expiration of ACLs after 24 hours
- Wiping or suspending a server deletes its ACLs
v1.11.2 - 3/13/2019
- Updated Abuse package
- Added ability for clients to set a custom abuse contact email.
- Allowed auto-suspension functionality to be disabled via setting.
- Added WHMCS Basic integration which is a version of our WHMCS integration with minimal features to serve as a base for more complex WHMCS setups.
v1.11.1 - 3/6/2019
- Support for VLAN tagging (multiple VLANs on the same server port)
- Support for switches that require SNMP v1 instead of SNMP v2c
v1.11.0 - 3/1/2019
- White-labeling for Enterprise licenses
- Added Brocade FCX/ICX Switch config
- Add a message to Launch KVM stating to turn off popup blockers
v1.10.2 - 2/18/2019
- Automatically set iDRAC privileges to Operator when client IPMI accounts are created on Dell BMCs
- Refactored IPMI functionality for more intelligent detection and creation of client accounts
v1.10.1 - 2/11/2019
- Search speed improvements
- Cisco Nexus Support
- Custom HTML/JS functionality under Theme Customization
v1.10.0 - 2/1/2019
- Major refactor of SSL certificate system to support Let's Encrypt v2
- Auto generation of client IPMI user when client launches KVM
v1.9.0 - 1/1/2019
- Switch to polling 64-bit bandwidth data for more accurate reporting on 1gbps ports
- Show customizable site name (editable on Settings page) in page title
- Additional small User Interface tweaks
v1.8.0 - 12/1/2018
- Ability to add IP Entities in bulk
- WHMCS Reseller Integration launched
v1.7.1 - 11/11/2018
- Branding Feature which allows customization of the logo and colors of the application.
v1.7.0 - 11/1/2018
- Launch KVM support for Dell and HP.
- Add support for backup SSH servers with custom port.
- Port Forwarding server stability improvements.
- Various minor bug fixes.
v1.6.0 - 10/1/2018
- RWhois support added.
- Support for custom switch configurations via addon packages.
- Allow hostnames and non-unique values for IPMI devices for better PDU support.
v1.5.0 - 9/1/2018
- Port Forwarding feature launched (more info near bottom of the features page).
- Ability to launch KVM from server page added.
- Allow admin login via email in addition to username.
- Improved support for Ubuntu 18.
v1.4.0 - 8/1/2018
- Numerous speed/scalability improvements that have a noticeable effect on installations with a lot of traffic.
v1.3.0 - 7/1/2018
- Ability for administrators to run switch commands in bulk from server list page.
- Brocade switch support.
- APC PDU support.
- Small improvements to WHMCS integration & documentation.
- Small improvements to omni-search functionality.
v1.2.0 - 6/1/2018
- ACLs for administrators & API integrations.
- Improved support for servers using non-primary ethernet port for PXE installs.
- Various usability improvements.
v1.1.0 - 5/1/2018
- Various Bug Fixes and usability improvements.
v1.0.0 - 4/1/2018
- Initial Public Release